Monday, July 18, 2011

There is a light at the end of the tunnel

Wood went up last night! YIPPIE!!

Found a great clearance item....We decided we probably wouldn't be doing much (if any) baking and opted for this little gem. This will give us more storage as well.

We have also decided on painting....I know I know....but the expense of replacing ALL the wood panel
when it's not needed....just didn't make sense.  The wood grain is so different and 48 years of varnish (even sanded)....... sigh........

2 comments:

  1. I think painting can look nice! We'll probably end up painting some of the interior of ours, too. Nice new wood would be great, but too much $$.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I painted too and really love the results. I can't wait to see yours done. You are making so much progress. Love the cooktop - what a find!

    ReplyDelete